This past month I realized how much poor sleep was affecting me. At first I didn’t see the link but after experiencing the following I knew something was up!
- Lack of Motivation
- Depleted Energy
- Lack of Focus
- Stagnate Weight Loss
I knew that my consistently poor nights’ sleep was likely to blame! Don’t underestimate the importance of sleep. Eight to 9 hours a night is still considered the general rule of thumb but quality sleep is important too. Keep in mind:
- If you have a lack of sleep, your motivation will drop exponentially.
- If you’re not motivated you will fail at changing habits.
Here are some tips to getting better and more sleep:
- Go to bed earlier
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep per night
- If you stay up late try to sleep in
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine
- Use journaling/checklists so you can clear your mind
If you find yourself suddenly lacking motivation, be sure to check your sleep routine. Let me know if you are going to commit to getting 8 hours of sleep at least 5 days a week for the rest of the month.